Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege 4000 - TEAC DV-28E-B drive not detected by burning applications

1. Portege 4000 - TEAC DV-28E-B drive not detected by burning applications
    Enthusiast
    I found a replacement drive for my Portege 4000. This is exactly the same as the previous one, but when I installed CDBurnerXP and Nero, they were unable to detect the drive, so I could not burn a CD, although I was able to read in Windows Media Player.

I also tried 'Scan for hardware changes' in device manager but that didn't work, so am not sure what to do next.

2. Re: Portege 4000 - TEAC DV-28E-B drive not detected by burning applications
    Akuma
    Try deleting the upper and lower ODD filters in the registry. Instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

3. Re: Portege 4000 - TEAC DV-28E-B drive not detected by burning applications
    Beginner
    OK - thanks. I went through the Fixit and got a report saying that the drive does not have any write facilities, so I am not sure if this is correct.

I also checked to see if those filters entries in regedit were removed and the wizard must have done that as well.