Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1JH: USB Device issue - software not successfully installed

1. Satellite C660-1JH: USB Device issue - software not successfully installed
    Beginner
    Having had several attempts at trying to install various software, Microsoft Fixit program has scanned and found that my PC has faults with USB points.

The screen read: "Device driver software was not successfully installed. Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed".

It also listed the following...
    "Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller 2936"
    "Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller 2939"
    "Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller 293C"

Any idea how I can fix this please?

Computer is Toshiba C660-1JH Satellite.
    OS is Win 7, 64-bit.

2. Re: Satellite C660-1JH: USB Device issue - software not successfully installed
    Master
    Hi

Try to remove the USB ports and hubs from the device manager.
    Reboot the unit and wait until Windows OS has reinstalled all USB controllers once again.

If this does not help, update the chipset driver because chipset driver controls the USB controller.

Here you other thread about chipset driver;
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=249306

3. Re: Satellite C660-1JH: USB Device issue - software not successfully installed
    Beginner
    The link at the bottom of the page wasnt any good I am afraid.
    It takes you to a chipset called "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 32 bit".
    When I tried to download and install it I got this.."The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again".
    Any ideas please?