Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite Pro C660 - How to make recovery disk with command prompt?

1. Satellite Pro C660 - How to make recovery disk with command prompt?
    Beginner
    I have a brand-new Satellite Pro C660. It worked fine for a day, now it won't load windows. I didn't get around to creating the recovery disks as I've only had it a few hours (yes, yes, I know, should have been the first thing I did). All the data is present (but backed up to USB just in case) and I can see the HDDREcovery folder with all data intact. However, I can't run the app to create recovery disks. Does anyone know how to extract the images and create the media using only the command prompt? (I can get into command prompt by booting from a friend's Win 7 disk). All boot options from the laptop's own drives fail. It says "Windows Failed to Load", and I try Startup Repair but it doesn't find any errors. Any help/thoughts on this will be much appreciated!

2. Re: Satellite Pro C660 - How to make recovery disk with command prompt?
    Master
    Hey,

Itís not possible to create recovery disk with command prompt. You have to use the Toshiba recovery media creator on Windows.

Now itís too late for you but you can order such a disk here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx