Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - Fan is launching very often

1. Satellite C660 - Fan is launching very often
    Beginner
    Hi

I am using Toshiba C660 laptop. I noticed, that fan is launching very often (temperature is 45-52 C ). I have tried to change "Toshiba Power Saver Settings V8.9.4.64" to "Battery optimized" in "Advanced power settings" but this didn't helps. I updated my BIOS to 1.80 version but it did't helps, too. When will be the new BIOS for this model?

2. Re: Satellite C660 - Fan is launching very often
    Master
    Hello

Please don’t understand me wrong but fan acitivy will be controlled automatically and is depending on CPU temperature. The fan will always start if CPU is running on high temperature to protect the hardware. So it’s normal.

What you can do after some months is cleaning the cooling system as described here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7A01ZZ000AR01.htm

3. Re: Satellite C660 - Fan is launching very often
    Beginner
    Hello

Thanks for reply. So I have other question.
    My fan is launching in 45 C, is it possible to change this temperature to , for example 50 C ?

Regards

4. Re: Satellite C660 - Fan is launching very often
    Master
    No, this is not possible because the temperature table is stored in the BIOS.
    So to change this you would need to “hack” the BIOS and to this definitely not recommended.