Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R830 - Toshiba DVD Player missing

1. Portege R830 - Toshiba DVD Player missing
    Beginner
    DVD Player - Portege R830 (03N00701)

I can not find any trace of Toshiba Video Player or Toshiba DVD player software. My dealer simply told me that "they probably don't put it in anymore" and told me to use Windows Media Player. Yet the .pdf manual clearly has instructions for using it.

Am I supposed to have a Toshiba DVD Player on board and if not, can I dowload it online?

2. Re: Portege R830 - Toshiba DVD Player missing
    Beginner
    Hi Lauri G

According to the spec for the Portege R830 series you should have The Toshiba DVD Player software.
    However you can download it here,

[http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK]

I have not used it as I normally use a freeware prog. called VLC as it plays any of the video file formats I have tried on it.

I have the Satellite R830-143 and relatively speaking it has the same spec as the Portege and had the DVD Player on when I bought it about a month ago.

Seems dealers tell you anything without even bothering to check.

Best wishes