Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D

1. Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Beginner
    Hi
    I have a new NB550D and have jst installed the recommended BIOS update. Now the Wireless LAN driver can't load (error code 31).
    I tried installing the lestest driver off the Toshiba website but it still can't be loaded by Windows...

Everything was fine before this! Any ideas?

2. Re: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Master
    Set BIOS to default settings and try again.

Is WLAN card recognized properly in device manager?

3. Re: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Beginner
    I have the same problem and lost wireless connectivity after the bios update to 1.40. As suggested I reset the Bios to default values, even though I never changed anything there anyway~

In the Device Manager the Atheros Wireless is shown, the Realtek Network as well. I updated both with the latest drivers as of yesterday. The Atheros shows a #2 next to it.

Nothing helped, it still cannot connect wireless---

Thanks for reading

4. Re: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Master
    > In the Device Manager the Atheros Wireless is shown

This means that the Wlan driver was installed properly and the issue could be related to configuration between Wlan card and Wlan router.

You should check if the notebook can connect to Wlan router without the usage of any encryption settings.

Disable the WEP/WPA encryption and test the connectivity. Of course this should be done only for test attempts.

Are you sure that the Wlan is enabled? Enable this using FN + F8

5. Re: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Beginner
    Thanks for the reply :]

I ran the network diagnostic again, this time I saw an error message (on mouseover only)...
    It said "ip protocol stack could not be bound automatically to the network adapter" and I google'd that message. People say this is caused by Third Party Firewalls and Antivirus programs, so I went and uninstalled my Zonealarm Suite and rebooted, then let Windows fix it.
    All is ok now with the WLan :]

Hope that helps NBuser_1 too.

6. Re: Wireless LAN driver can't load after BIOS update NB550D
    Master
    > so I went and uninstalled my Zonealarm Suite and rebooted, then let Windows fix it.
    >All is ok now with the WLan

LOL!!! You should always mention in the first posting that you use such tools which could affect the connectivity! I used Zonealarm in the past and I don’t like this software.
    It affected the notebook functionality and everything ran slower in my case…