Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming

1. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    This bios downgrade is really brilliant, thank you again MaciekPL, well done sir.

I can finally overclock my card without it throttling (I didn't have any throttles without overclocking but as soon as I overclocked a bit it would throttles on me).

2. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    does the new 1.4 BIOS fix this?

3. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    I am very pleased that someone has helped my way. I am up to now play with BIOS 1.1 and I do not have any problems with my laptop. I now play such games as BF 3, COD: MW3 and everything is ok. Throttling resolved :D

The changes in the BIOS 1.4:
    Version 1.40 - 2011-10-29
    Added: Hynix b-die VRAM support.

So Throttling certainly still exists. Greetings to all! MaciekPL

4. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Hello guys! first of all, i had the same problem with my x770-107! yes indeed the bios 1.1 solve the problem, but i mentioned another. As we know the CPU is core i7 which runs at 2000mhz and with turbo boost it overclocks to 2900mhz. Well when the GPU is in heavy load, the CPU's turbo boost doesn work at all! The best i've got is 2000 when i'm playing battlefield 3 for more than 10 minutes. maybe it happens because of the high temperatures of the CPU, but it really decreasing the overall performance! Maybe some of you know if there's a way to keep the CPU at high clocks? or maybe there's a way to overclock the CPU? i couldnt do that, tried several apps even setfsb, nothing works(
    BTW Where did you find the 1.4 bios?? the last i see on the official page is 1.3

Message was edited by: 77leon77

5. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    its on the official page

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=3039260& rpn=PSBY5U&modelFilter=&selCategory=2756709&selFam ily=804517

6. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    ahh now i understand why i couldnt find it, because my qosmio x770-107 is a PSBY5E, and your link is for PSBY5U! well did you try it?
    if not i'll try it, if i will be able to instal it!

7. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Well guys, i have bad news :( in 1.4 bios the throttling still remains(( thats really annoying!

I'm very dissapointed in toshiba, and the worst thing is that they don't give a damn about their costumers.. they dont even answer( that's bad and sad! if they will not fix this issue ASAP, i will get this notebook back where i bought it and never come back to toshiba!

8. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Well guys, i have bad news( in 1.4 bios the throttling still remains(( thats really annoying!I'm very dissapointed in toshiba, and the worst thing is that they don't give a s--t about their costumers.. they dont even answer( that's bad and sad! if they will not fix this issue ASAP, i will sell get this notebook back and never come back to toshiba!

9. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Hey guys!

I would like to try that BIOS downgrade to 1.1V BUT, does anybody know link or have .exe for PSBY5E (not PSBY5U as provided above). Is there a difference?

T.Y. !

10. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    i tried both, there's no difference!
    the last message of MaciekPL on the first page has the link, it perfectly works on PSBY5E model

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast