Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming

1. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    This bios downgrade is really brilliant, thank you again MaciekPL, well done sir.

I can finally overclock my card without it throttling (I didn't have any throttles without overclocking but as soon as I overclocked a bit it would throttles on me).

2. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    does the new 1.4 BIOS fix this?

3. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    I am very pleased that someone has helped my way. I am up to now play with BIOS 1.1 and I do not have any problems with my laptop. I now play such games as BF 3, COD: MW3 and everything is ok. Throttling resolved :D

The changes in the BIOS 1.4:
    Version 1.40 - 2011-10-29
    Added: Hynix b-die VRAM support.

So Throttling certainly still exists. Greetings to all! MaciekPL

4. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Hello guys! first of all, i had the same problem with my x770-107! yes indeed the bios 1.1 solve the problem, but i mentioned another. As we know the CPU is core i7 which runs at 2000mhz and with turbo boost it overclocks to 2900mhz. Well when the GPU is in heavy load, the CPU's turbo boost doesn work at all! The best i've got is 2000 when i'm playing battlefield 3 for more than 10 minutes. maybe it happens because of the high temperatures of the CPU, but it really decreasing the overall performance! Maybe some of you know if there's a way to keep the CPU at high clocks? or maybe there's a way to overclock the CPU? i couldnt do that, tried several apps even setfsb, nothing works(
    BTW Where did you find the 1.4 bios?? the last i see on the official page is 1.3

Message was edited by: 77leon77

5. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    its on the official page

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=3039260& rpn=PSBY5U&modelFilter=&selCategory=2756709&selFam ily=804517

6. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    ahh now i understand why i couldnt find it, because my qosmio x770-107 is a PSBY5E, and your link is for PSBY5U! well did you try it?
    if not i'll try it, if i will be able to instal it!

7. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Well guys, i have bad news :( in 1.4 bios the throttling still remains(( thats really annoying!

I'm very dissapointed in toshiba, and the worst thing is that they don't give a damn about their costumers.. they dont even answer( that's bad and sad! if they will not fix this issue ASAP, i will get this notebook back where i bought it and never come back to toshiba!

8. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Well guys, i have bad news( in 1.4 bios the throttling still remains(( thats really annoying!I'm very dissapointed in toshiba, and the worst thing is that they don't give a s--t about their costumers.. they dont even answer( that's bad and sad! if they will not fix this issue ASAP, i will sell get this notebook back and never come back to toshiba!

9. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Hey guys!

I would like to try that BIOS downgrade to 1.1V BUT, does anybody know link or have .exe for PSBY5E (not PSBY5U as provided above). Is there a difference?

T.Y. !

10. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    i tried both, there's no difference!
    the last message of MaciekPL on the first page has the link, it perfectly works on PSBY5E model

11. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Thanks for the reply 77leon77!

I am a bit suspicious because on Toshiba-Europe support site for Qosmio x770-107 (PSBY5E ) there is only 1.30 version .
    But on the Toshiba support site that MackiePL found (I guess is for US market) there are BIOS versions for Qosmio x770-ST4N04, BT5G23 and BT5G24 models (PSBY5U ) from 1.10 -> 1.40.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't screw up performance and make situation worst than it is already...

Cheers mate!

12. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    I have the PSBY5E, and the 1.4 PSBY5U worked perfectly on my machine, BUT the throttling in 1.4 still remains and tha'ts sad. So the best bios available for this laptop is 1.1! What about europe and 1.4.. i think they'll release it some days later, maybe months, who knows... It's toshiba, they don't care much about their costumers.. I asked on their facebook support page about this problem, and they didn't even answer...:(

13. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Yeah, I know 77leon77, its frustrating when you spend 1500-2000 for a laptop and then you realize you have to spend more time and nerves to fix things, beacuse of lazy Toshiba software engineers.

Anywayz, downgrading went fine and I also overclocked graphic card. I haven't done some serious testing yet, but I noticed +10FPS boost in Witcher 2 so I am a bit happier person. So far, so good..

Also thank You for all the help and great advices from MaciekPL and borland

See ya!

14. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Toshiba released officer nvidvia drivers

anybody check to see if this stops framerate throttling/breakdown?

15. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Enthusiast
    first of all, GPU drivers were never the problem in the throttling issue - the bios still is.
    second of all, i think i dont have to comment on the release... 268.85 08 august 2011, that's before even battlefield 3 beta, so for those of you who play these drivers are as obsolete as the ones before them

16. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Hello all!

I successfully downgraded BIOS to v1.1 on my brand new Qosmio X770-107, installed latest GPU drivers and started playing with MSI Afterburner overclocking.

Well, first I pushed it just a bit (725/1550/1250 --> 800/1600/1400) - no problems.
    Then a bit more - no problems.
    Then I took a huge jump to borland's 900/1800/1600 settings and - adapter reset after just a few seconds of horrible artifacts.. :(
    I tried 900/1800/1550 - wouldn't last a minute - a few artifacts then reset.

I experienced the same situation with Toshiba's old GPU drivers.

I don't think this has anything to do with temps (I constantly monitor them and they seem pretty normal to me - the highest I got so far was 68C).
    Now, does anybody experience something similar or am I the only one with this lazy GPU?

17. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    O_o
    very interesting..
    i overclocked my gpu to 920/1840/1550 and everything plays fine.. hours in battlefield 3 and no artifacts.. i had some issues when i put the memory to 1600, but when i put it back to 1550 the artifacts were gone.
    I have the Nvidia forceware 290.36. The highest temperatures i got were 73 C for the GPU and 93 C for the CPU.
    By the way my CPU's turbo boost technology turns off when i play battlefield.. Max frequency i got is 2000Mhz((

18. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    I guess I'm "lucky"... :-/
    My notebook was made in the early September.
    After years of overclocking my other (Acer) notebook without a single GPU adapter crash EVER, I'm a bit disappointed now.

CPU gets a bit too hot for my liking. I haven't really played any game (just testing for now), but the CPU went up to 90?C in one occasion.

Turbo Boost works for me, at least on desktop.
    Does it work in other applications?
    How did you find out it's not working in BF3 in the first place? 93C seems very hot at constant 2 GHz.

19. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    I guess I'm "lucky"... :-/
    My notebook was made in the early September, so it's pretty new. After years of overclocking my other notebook without a single GPU adapter crash EVER, I'm a bit disappointed now. I can't use even 850/1700/1500 without seeing artifacts (at the same time, temperature of the GPU is just 62C)... so I'm puzzled.

CPU gets a bit too hot for my liking. I haven't really played any game (just testing for now), but the CPU goes up to 90?C occasionally.

Turbo Boost works for me, at least on desktop. Does it work in other applications? How did you find out it's not working in BF3 in the first place? 93C seems very hot at constant 2 GHz.

Message was edited by: Slimboy Fat

20. Re: Qosmio X770-107 GPU Throttling/ Frameratebreakdown while gaming
    Beginner
    Well I'm using the "core temp" application wich shows me the mhz, and the temps.
    Turbo boost works great everywhere except in games where the GPU is in full load, and for not having the overheat it turns off..
    Well i dont know, but something is not going right with our laptops.. The throttling which started from 1.2 bios till 1.4 and toshiba knows it and doesn even answer.. maybe the overheat causes some trouble to this device even without overclocking? I dont know what to think.. I wrote about this problem even on their facebook support page, but nobody answered((
    You said you havent played any game? How are you doing the tests? Have you benchmarked it in 3dmark 06?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast