Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A60: Canít open the Toshiba Power Saver

1. Satellite A60: Canít open the Toshiba Power Saver
    Beginner
    I've just made a clean Install of WinXp home w\Sp2 or Sp2, tried with both, and the power saver always gives me an error saying I don't have permissions to open it, i've tried with both versions available for download, and if I tryto remove it it gives me an error while unistalling.

Glad for any help you can provide.

2. Re: Satellite A60: Canít open the Toshiba Power Saver
    Beginner
    Hello

I have never seen this kind of error message. As far as I know there is just a message who informs you that you will not be able to use Microsoft power saver settings and Toshiba power saver at the same time.

Can you please write the original message?
    In my opinion you should use the recovery DVD for OS installation. Believe me, in this case you will not have this kind of problems.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite A60: Canít open the Toshiba Power Saver
    Hello

As far as I know if you installed the Power Saver tool firstly you have to the driver for Power Saver. I found it on the Toshiba driver download page. But nevertheless the best way is to use the Recovery CD because this CD was tested and it works properly.

Bye