Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba

1. Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Hello people,

I am a new owner of Qosmio X770 notebook. I wish I could say proud owner or happy or satisfied owner, unfortunately not. I am frustrated for not being able to update my nvidia video driver because of some lazy and incompetent fool. Well I ask you Toshiba, why did you put "non-generic" nvidia hardvare so we can't get latest releses of nvidia drivers from their site, or why don't you find and pay someone to keep those updates UP TO DATE???

As you all know Toshiba still did not update their/our drivers for nvidia GTX 560M now 3 months passed. And if you look at past models of their notebooks (support, download area) you can see their drivers date from 2007, 2008....

Well guys do you know what that means? It means this will be our first and last supported driver from Toshiba for our nvidia cards... Well really??? I am lucky I activated that No Matter What Guarantee... as I think I just might use it for complete refund if this will not resolve in our benefit.

I hate to say it but Japanese products used to be top notch and probably majortiy of them are, but support and customer care is just too low on my scale and as I can see many others too.

For the conclusion I will say that I really REGRET I bought this Toshiba notebook over some other options I had.
    I will wait for one month from when I bought it which will pass in few days and if this do not resolve I will ask for full refund.

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' Hope I don't say that for Toshiba.

2. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    I got this reply:

Dear Toshiba customer,

Thank you for contacting Toshiba. Your ticket number is [Case#71217277].

Toshiba Int. updates all available drivers as soon as they have been proofed to be working fine.
    Please check again Toshiba driver websites or ask your local Toshiba branch store for further information.

Your Toshiba Support Team

--
    Toshiba Europe GmbH
    Technology & Service Center
    Blumenstrasse 26
    93055 Regensburg, Germany

Registered Office:
    Hammfelddamm 8, 41460 Neuss, Germany
    Managing Directors: Alan Thompson, Kiyoshi Matsuda
    HRB 3479 Amtsgericht Neuss
    __________________________________________________ __________________

HAHA funny guys I say. But this just makes me more angry at that incompetent Toshiba drivers proofing team.

This is what I answered:

Dear support team,

That is not the satisfying answer. Who does these proofing tests? They must be lazy/incompetent/unmotivated to do their work. I see no results. Nvidia released 280.26 version of driver and we are stuck on 268.51 version. Qosmio X770 is released as Gaming computer. Gaming computers require updated drivers and on top of that list are the video drivers. What work is this proofing team doing if they are unable to release 1 update in 4 months time?
    Lets see what are the options to solution of this problem:
    • Hire another driver proofing team, or even better fire these before you hire new ones.
    • Why don’t the Toshiba driver proofing team release some beta version and give it to the willing beta testers if that would speed up the process.
    • Can Nvidia help with their knowledge to implement tuned driver updates for Toshiba directly into their releases?
    • Release software/programs for “do it yourself” tuning of drivers.
    • Pull out all Qosmio products from market and refund owners until you become capable of doing the right job in the beginning of the production process where you will decide to use generic software of the manufacturer and not specifically built hardware which has no support.

Message was edited by: Knorp

3. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Enthusiast
    Proofing .... that would mean the drivers for my X500 are being "proofed" for almost a year now ? Meaning by the time Toshiba proofing tests have passed, Nvidia is already 5 versions further ?

Already when the X770 3D was announced i was looking forward to get one of those and sell my X500, but reading all this, and the problems I have myself with the X500 , my money is going to a different brand.

Toshiba support seems really pathetic.

4. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Hi EdBelgium,

I am also very dissapointed with this. This is my first toshiba notebook and I already regret it because of what I found out about their support of their products drivers. I believed if I bought the Toshiba I will have no problems for at least 3 years.

You are the proof of what I have said in my first post. No update for over a year. This is pure thievery.
    Make a "gaming" computer and leave it half developed and unsupported.

I can't suggest what you should buy for your next notebook but I know I can't recommend you Toshiba notebooks. At least not the ones for gaming.

I started a new thread
    [Who wants new drivers for Toshiba Qosmio series?|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=63570&tstart=0]

Please fill in and it might give us some result.

Cheers

5. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Master
    Hi dude

Did you try the display driver released on nVidia pages?
    If you were not able to install thin executing the exe file then I’ve a tiny tip for you:
    You can update the driver via device manager.

Go to device manager, choose the graphic card and press button update the driver.
    Then choose the Advaced installation procedure which helps you to point to the downloaded driver package and to force Win OS to choose this driver.

In my case this procedure works and functions always.

6. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Does it work for all parts?
    Because there are few drivers in package. Display driver, 3D driver, Physx driver and Audio....

Do you need to "hack" .inf file?

Thanks for info.

7. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Master
    Not sure about that… but usually the graphic chip is controlled by one driver so should be ok… however, you should know that everything you do is at your own risk.
    I’m not X770 owner so didn’t try that on this unit…

8. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    I did "hack" .inf file to see what would we get with new update.
    As I can see these are the options when installing Nvidia driver package 280.26-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql:

New Version

Current Version

Graphic driver:

3D Vision Controller Driver:

3D Vision Driver:

HD Audio Driver

Nvidia Update:

None

So If you do "hack" it will install all that but only display driver will work nothing else. So you can do in Custom install to update only Graphic Driver and leave the rest on old one. That could do the trick.
    BUT, the point is I don't want tricks... I want it to work all as it shoul be working but with new drivers which support all Adobe software updates and new games. Because I bought and payed this computer for what it was marketed it is, A GAMING computer for all games not just the OLD ones.

9. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    I did try your version of update and it does not work...

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encontered an error while attempting to install it.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows.

I have Windows 7 64bit which came with the notebook

10. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Helo guys,

I want to tell you that I'm the same situation like you, with X770-107 3D.
    First thing I wanted to update my nVidia driver.

From Toshiba support site, no update available.
    Then I've tried the latest one from nVidia website, and seen that it will not install (no supported hardware).

Then started to investigate further, checked that was specified on nVidia website that our model is supported, and tried again and again.

Then found out and modified the INI file like you said, and did install the latest drivers (successfuly), but then.....I had 3D no more.... when trying to activate it, it said that my display is not compatible (not stereo monitor).....

I've rolled back to original driver as I've seen other / older posts specifing that Toshiba modifies the drivers from nVidia in order to be sure that it will not over heat and damage GPU.

So now, I'm in the same (initial) situation, default drivers, outdated drivers, and waiting....

PS: I've also posted to the other thread, with my reason for updated drivers, and the proof is here: [http://www.3dvisionlive.com/3dv-html5-detection]

Cheers,

11. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Thanks for your input here razvanioan.
    Your link gives me this result:

Automatic Driver Detection

How this works
    Please wait while we check your system for NVIDIA products

Unfortunately we were unable to detect your GPU. Please try again using the manual search

Let us automatically detect the right driver for your GeForce

GeForce GTX 560MHas been detected in your system.

Compal%2FToshiba requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

We are really stuck untill someone from Toshiba or Nvidia comes out with more permanent/supported solution.
    All we can do now is put the pressure on them to solve our situation.

So I ask you fellows to press them down from all sides untill they don't give us what we want. Write reviews, comments, post threads about this problem. Eventualy they will loose market on notebook scenary or they will give customers their rightful support.

12. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Hello everyone,

Well I have to say that I’m quite frustrated because of this situation!!!

This is NOT an OFFICE computer, and, MOST OF ALL, IT IS NOT AT ALL CHEAP!!! I haven’t paid almost 2K euros for a non-supported product! I agree, this is a GAMING computer, a high-end one, therefore there should be an updated support. More than that, it is quite unacceptable that we should wait some lazy and incompetent Toshiba workers till they will figure out that a driver is stable and properly working. More than that, till they will do that, another few versions from nVidia passed already…

I already contacted the local Toshiba representative, and I really asked them to do something about this, even I notified them that I’m willing to return this bloody computer!

Paolo, thanks, but changing the ini files, this is not an option. at least not for me and not for X770 which has 3D as well... Maybe the driver is updated indeed, but in the end of the day NOT all the options are avaliable, therefore here is an open window for upcoming conflicts already, changing the ini files and modifying stuff, the result will be like a job not properly done! A driver is NOT supposed to be installed like a cracked game! It's the base of the system itself!

Razvan, please write as well an email to our Toshiba customer support (tehnic@scop.ro) to be really aware of this situation.

Thanks everyone for your posts here. We should not give up, it is unacceptable that Toshiba Corporation is treating us like this. There are two options:
    1. either they will do something regarding these driver updates for GTX560M
    2. either they should call back all Qosmio X770 computers till they will figure out what is going on.
    And when I’m saying that, they should do something regarding this updated support! Not to have this situation every time when an update is available, to wait the Toshiba employers few more days/weeks/moths till they will post the updated driver… WHY they don’t allow to use straight the nVidia drivers, why they LIED US and they ARE NOT actually into the VERDE program???

Kidest regards,
    Sorin

13. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Guys I just submitted a Driver Request to Nvidia also as I think they might develop comatible driver for our notebooks sooner than Toshiba.
    Maybe if we all submit request it might speed up the process.

Here are the links and info:

forum driver topic - [link|http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=206522&st=0]
    Support page submit issue - [Link|http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/ask]

14. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    hi there,

i've got the same problem with my Toshiba Qosmio X770 3D.

I've visited the Nvidia-Page to get the latest drivers, not supportet. Then I went to the Toshiba-Support page, no driver found...

Hope, they will give us soon a reaction.

15. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Welcome Thortoise,

We all hope someone from Toshiba will hear us and make an update and finish our suffering.

Thaks for support.

16. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Guys I found [this|http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=3039260& rpn=PSBY5U&modelFilter=X770-ST4N04&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=804517#] on driver on [this|http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=3039260& rpn=PSBY5U&modelFilter=X770-ST4N04&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=804517#] page

Version: 268.85
    Size: 191,680,128 bytes
    Posted: 08/26/11
    Released Date: 08/11/11

Applicable Models:
    Qosmio X770-ST4N04, X775-Q7275, X775-3DV78, X775-Q7270, X775-Q7272, X775-Q7273, X775-SP7101L, X775-SP7160M
    Satellite P770-BT4G22, P770-BT4N22, P770-ST4N01, P770-ST4NX2, P770-ST4NX1, P775-S7234, P775-SP5101L, P775-SP5160M, P775-S7232, P775-S7236, P775-S7238, P775-S7215

17. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    I did I quick test on GTA4 Episodes...
    Did not freeze like before, I played in 3D mode for 15 minutes. I had my cooling pad on . temp got to around 58-60 Celsius. GPU load was on 98-99%

that is for now!
    I have to check ADobe software to see if there is anything better...
    All in all a little better than before at least for me. Still this was just a quickie test!

Second test on 22" monitor without 3D, freezing after 1,5 minutes of play.
    Gpu temp 50
    CPU temp 65-70
    Seems like it works OK on notebook monitor but on external it sucks big time.
    I'll have to test again. Anyway we still need new driver. This is update for me but for you with 275. version I doubt it would be better.

I don't nkow what is wrong now... I played again on notebook monitor #d and no 3D and it freezes after 2 minutes, than 2 again normal for another few seconds or so....

Definitely some driver glitches.

Dungeon Siege 3 , not very hard game but it starts lagging after few minutes of play. This is really unplayable.
    DONT WASTE TIME ON DOWNLOADING THAT DRIVER!!!

18. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    thanks for updating us, BUT I think the drivers you installed were not for our ACTUAL hardware, GTX560M with 3D
    the Qosmio X770-ST4N04 is for USA and if I'm not mistaking has no 3D, therefore the hardware is not the same, is more or less different - this IS WHY the extension is different for the SAME driver, v268.51 for 3D and v268.85 for non-3D

of course that some errors could occur... and as you stated, there were plenty

well, I'm going really nervous with this drivers and tests, I reloaded the out-of-the-box state of the system, currently I have the 268.51 drivers, dated 10.05.2011 (at least this is what I'm seeing now) - I don't know why for some reason before it was stated something different... - I should have been checking then twice, under dxdiag and driver properties from device manager - who the hell knows what mickey mouse driver we have right now, seems like a beta to me...

ANYWAYS: the drivers from Toshiba official site are still 268.51 BUT posted there as 20.06.2011!!!
    NO COMMENT, right?

who knows, after these waves we created maybe they will put the same driver, but something like 10.09.2011 =))

what is dodgy a little bit is that this driver 268 (3D or not) looks to not be stable at all - seems to work fine now, and when you restart the system or play the game later everything is like s%#t

for instance - told you that I reloaded the out-of-box state, re-installed GTA EFLC and Deus Ex Human Revolution
    started to play, not for long indeed, around 15-20 min each and everything was great
    one hour later: framerate dropped down the same s&#t again!!!
    have to tell you that during these tests the computer was "isolated" in "lab conditions" - not connected to internet, not installing smth else etc etc /

Anyways... I'm waiting a reply from the local Toshiba representative
    the only answer I got so far was from the Lab guys, but they can handle only hardware problems, the drivers are handled by a different (and perhaps global) department

they asked me the serial number of the computer, who knows maybe the seller is deciding to return it...
    If I were the seller and I saw these problems, I would have stopped selling this model till the issues are solved

19. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Yes I am still in process of getting info for returning my notebook for refund or exchange it for a different brand...
    Now it seems like HP is not that much of a garbage after having Toshiba.

20. Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
    Beginner
    Yes I am still in process of getting info for returning my notebook for refund or exchange it for a different brand...
    Now it seems like HP is not that much of a garbage after having Toshiba.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast