Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite C660 new but very slow

1. Satellite C660 new but very slow

As my username suggests, I'm not very good with these things. I bought the c660 about a month ago and I cannot believe how slow it is, it takes forever to open a document and the internet takes absolutely ages to open even the home page.

I have tried disabling add ons and I have only stored one excel sheet and about 20 pics on the computer its self so I can't understand why it is like this, to be honest it was like this from day one!

Please can someone tell me what I can do to rectify the problem?
    Many thanks :)

2. Re: Satellite C660 new but very slow

In this forum you can find many identical threads. Please check http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=63322
    If you have more questions let me know.

3. Re: Satellite C660 new but very slow

This could be related to a lot of programs they run in background. These programs will be started with Windows too and so they run in background and slow down the performance.

You should disable some start up programs. Navigate to start > run > msconfig. Select the start up tab and disable all programs that you donít need at startup. After restarting the computer the performance should be improved.