Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A665 - Connect to TV via HDMI

1. Satellite A665 - Connect to TV via HDMI
    Beginner
    Hey guys,

So I just purchased a brand new Toshiba Satellite A665-S5183X and It works great with my new smaller bedroom LCD TV via HDMI and automatically connects when I plug in the HDMI.

HOWEVER, my older 42" Plasma connected via HDMI will not recognize each other. The TV says it isnt receiving signal and the laptop isnt showing a 2ndary display in the graphics settings. The HDMI cord works and I watch COX via HDMI to the older plasma TV.

What gives?

2. Re: Satellite A665 - Connect to TV via HDMI
    Master
    Hello

If you have connected the notebook to an external monitor press FN+F5 key combination to switch between monitors. Also make sure the cable is connected before you turn on both monitors. Then turn on the TV and select the correct HDMI input channel, now turn on the notebook.

Check this!!!

3. Re: Satellite A665 - Connect to TV via HDMI
    Beginner
    sorry, let me say im for the most part tech savory. So the FN+f5 only shows the laptop display and not the tv.

If i carry the cable into my bedroom for the newer Vizio LCD tv, the computer automatically detects it and connects it. It is seen in FN+F5 or the graphics control panel.

When i do the same for my main older plama tv, it wont detect it. Nor does my plasma tv sense a signal from the laptop....something must need updated....but what??