Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?

1. Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Beginner
    Hi, i am a newby, but hi!

I have an old, very old, but perfectly working Toshiba Satellite Pro. It was purchased in October 2003. On the underside, it states it is a "Satellite Pro A10", but it also states on the part number that reads "PSA15E-02VPC-EN"

Is it a A10 or A15. Also which ever it is which model is it, when i visit the online download page for the drivers, there re a number of various models, i cannot work out which one my pc is?

There are eleven A10 models from A10-S100 to A10-S178 and eight A15 models from A15-S127 to A15-S1692.

So it could be any of 19 models? Any help very much appreciated.

P.S. I have formatted the hardrive, installed a clean copy of Windows XP, so now i need the drivers.

2. Re: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Master
    Hi

According to your post you have a Satellite Pro A10 PSA15E series

The drivers can be found on Toshiba European driver page;
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

But the notebook is old so you have to check the Archive area to get the drivers for this series. In product type choose simple Archive and then point to Satellite Pro A10 PSA15E ;)

3. Re: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Master
    Hello

As the previous user wrote you have a Satellite Pro A10 and the short model number is PSA15E but Satellite Pro A10 is correct. The A15 models from S127 to S1692 are American models and you have an European model so the drivers you can download here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers
    *Archive* > Satellite Pro > Satellite Pro A Series > Satellite Pro A10 > PSA15E > Windows XP

Last but not least before you start with XP driver installation I would recommend installing Service Pack 3 for XP because it contains many important updates. ;)

4. Re: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Beginner
    Thanks very much for your help!

5. Re: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Beginner
    Thanks very much for your help!

6. Re: Satellite Pro A10 - But cannot work out what model it is?
    Master
    You’re welcome in forum! ;)

If you have more questions just start a new thread.