Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Error message: "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"

1. Error message: "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"
    Beginner
    When trying to open a number of programmes including Microsoft Works Word processor is "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"

How do I tackle this please!

2. Re: Error message: "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"
    Master
    Hi

To be honest I never meet such problem with the operating system but firstly I would recommend trying to repair the OS.

Boot up the notebook and press F8. Then choose option called Repair the Computer.
    Now you will see a some options. Here I would recommend choosing the first option called: Startup Repair.
    This option automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting.
    But Iím not quite sure if this is good enough to fix your issue with the system.

If this does not help I would recommend reinstalling this Microsoft Works package.

3. Re: Error message: "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"
    Beginner
    Pau Pau
    Thank you for troubling to reply.
    Will try your suggested solution shortly

It is not only microsoft works (pre installed when the machine bought) but other program(me)s as well

Will let you know how I get on
    Thank you again

4. Re: Error message: "application cannot be opened as side by side configuration is incorrect"
    I think that if you are still getting side by side errors then you should run Event Viewer (type that search box at the bottom of the start menu) and Click on the Windows Logs and then Application Log. You should then see lots of red circled exclamation mark errors with a source of SideBySide. If you double click on one of the errors you will get a detailed report and a hyperlink to submit the error to Microsoft. Do that and with a bit of luck a page from Microsoft will open with causes/fixes