Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1M - Need some drivers

1. Satellite C660-1M - Need some drivers
    Beginner
    HI, I got my new Satellite C660-1ME sevral days ago and i installed the most of drivers, but still have problem with two. I still have PCI Simple Communication controoler SM BUS Controller with yallow mark.

All the communication are working well but I don't know what's the simple communication controller appearing in device manager also when pressinf FN + F8 the computer rebpot with blue screen.

Would you please suggest me what to do?

thank you

2. Re: Satellite C660-1M - Need some drivers
    Master
    Hi TronicBrain,

You can identify the devices if you check the vendor and device ID. If you don’t know how to do this check this interesting link:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=78

PCI Simple Communication could be the LAN or WLAN card and SM Bus Controller could the card reader so download the card reader driver.

Check this!!!

3. Re: Satellite C660-1M - Need some drivers
    Hi

> All the communication are working well but I don't know what's the simple communication controller appearing in device manager also when press FN + F8 the computer reboot with blue screen

FN + F8 enables and disables the WLan… so probably there is a problem with the WLan card. You should reinstall the WLan driver as well as VAP and Flash Card Support utility because VAP and Flash Cards are needed to use the Fn buttons.

Regarding the Simple Communication controller SM BUS Controller:
    I think also that this is device is an card reader and you need to install the card reader controller driver to get this device working again…