Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor

1. Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Beginner
    I've Tecra M5 with Windows 7, and I'm trying to set fingerprint software (protector suite QL) but old version is not compatible and new (taken from Toshibas site) don't work. It just says "cannot find fingerprint sensor device code 0xe7210005". hardware is integrated.

In system is unknown device ACPI\TOA620A but it can't be updated. Windows don't find drivers and loaded packet (driver_fingerprint_upek_TC00237700A) or (2.19C_package) has no driver that would fit?

2. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Master
    Hi karikana,

Have you removed the old version of fingerprint software before you installed the new version? Remove it in control panel > uninstall programs and remove the software before you install the new one. Also use a registry cleaner like Ccleaner to clean the registry.

Does fingerprint work with preinstalled OS from Toshiba?

3. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Hi

Did you choose fingerprint software version 5.8.0.4024 from UPEK for the Win 7 32bit OS?
    There is only 32bit version available.

Furthermore be sure that VAP (value added package) and Trusted Platform Module driver is installed.

4. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Beginner
    +Have you removed the old version of fingerprint software before you installed the new version? Remove it in control panel > uninstall programs and remove the software before you install the new one. Also use a registry cleaner like Ccleaner to clean the registry.+
    Done.

+Does fingerprint work with preinstalled OS from Toshiba?+
    Laptop had xp and it did work then. Tried Vista but not fingerprint. Win 7 now, not working. will not downgrade, 7 works otherwise fine.

+Did you choose fingerprint software version 5.8.0.4024 from UPEK for the Win 7 32bit OS?+
    +There is only 32bit version available.+
    Update done.

+Furthermore be sure that VAP (value added package) and Trusted Platform Module driver is install+
    Done

Not working. It just asks to plug in usb fingerprint reader, but won't use the build-in one.

5. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Beginner
    No ideas? Mission impossible to set build in fingerprint reader?

6. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    What to say; you can try to install the fingerprint software which was released for other newer Tecra M series notebooks… there is a latest version available for Win 7 OS.

7. Re: Tecra M5 - Cannot find fingerprint sensor
    Beginner
    I feel a bit stupid right now....
    you see, I got enough of fighting with this, being frustrated I did uninstall Protectorsuite software with all related it.
    Took my time toying with laptop, one day got to "Godmode". And what ya got! There was Biometria-part. Set fingerprints active and recorded them. And started using login by fingerprint.

So... it's doing fine, I'm happy now (feeling bit stupid still) and my problem is solved.