Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L775-11N - Fan control

1. Satellite L775-11N - Fan control
    Beginner
    Hello,

Is there any way to control the fans on my new Satellite L775 ? I'm trying to get them at full speed in order to cool more efficently my CPU and (most importantly) my GPU, which overheats quite a lot after some Crysis or another game.

I also would like to know: does opening my laptop in order to replace the thermal paste (I did this on my old Dell, and it helped a lot) would void my warranty or something like that ?

Thanks for you answers,
    Rallymen007

EDIT: renamed question: i forgot to type what was the problem.

2. Re: Satellite L775-11N - Fan control
    Only one fan control option can be found in advanced power plan options > Toshiba power saver > coolig method.

When you play games use high performance power plan and be sure cooling method is set to maximum level.

>...does opening my laptop in order to replace the thermal paste ...
    Of course. You should not do it on your own. By the way: you have newest notebook model so I donít understand how do you come across idea to change thermal paste. After two years OK but why now?

3. Re: Satellite L775-11N - Fan control
    Master
    Hello

As Dr.Lamp wrote you can change the cooling method in Windows power management. You can change between battery optimized and maximum performance. Latter offers best cooling performance for applications with high CPU usage. If you use high performance power plan always maximum cooling performance will be set.

If you replace the thermal grease yourself you will lose the warranty so donít do it on your own. Not every thermal grease can be used for every cooling module. So this should only be done from an authorized service provider but you have a new notebook model and on new models itís not necessary to renew the thermal grease.

4. Re: Satellite L775-11N - Fan control
    Beginner
    Thanks to both of you. I wanted to replace thermal grease in order to have a better cooling of my computer, on my old Dell the temps were even better than with the default ones. I'm not going to try that until at least the end of the warranty.