Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot

1. Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot
    Beginner
    Hi all,

can someone told me the specific for the PCMCIA Slot? In special I wanna know how much Volt the slot has.
    3.3 V or 5 V or can the slot both of them?

Kind regards,,
    Adrian

2. Re: Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot
    Master
    Hi twister666,

The Satego X200-21D doesnít have PCMICA slot, it has Express Card slot. This slot allows you to insert an Express Card. An Express Card module is a small, modular add-in card technology based on PCI Express and USB. The max. transmission rate at 2.5 Gbps. Both 34mm type and 54 type are supported.

But about voltage I can find no information but I think thatís not important because there is a standard voltage for this specification that every card will work.

3. Re: Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot
    Scholar
    Iíve read many strange questions here but your is very interesting. Iím asking myself what do you want to do when you ask something like this.

As far as I know the standard for PCMCIA slot is 5v.
    Do you want to use card with 3.3 v?

4. Re: Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot
    Beginner
    I wanna upgrade an CAM Modul AlphacryptLight. http://www.alphacrypt.de/AlphaCrypt-Light.6.0.html

In many Forum i have read, that it is not possible with newer Laptop, because the slots are onyl using 3.3V. The CAM Modul must have 5V to work fine.
    As the Satego has an Expresscard Slot i dont know if it is possible to use the CAM Modul as it is an PCMCIA Card.

5. Re: Satego X200-21D - Specifications of PCMCIA slot
    Master
    Hello

>As the Satego has an Expresscard Slot i dont know if it is possible to use the CAM Modul as it is an PCMCIA Card.
    The problem is that your notebook has ExpressCard slot and normal PCMCIA cards doesnít fit.

So for upgrading the CAM Module you need another and older notebook with PCMICA slot because ExpressCard is the successor of PCMIA and not compatible together.