Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook

1. Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Beginner
    Hi, I have recently had a new version of Windows 7 (32bit) installed on my Portege laptop. I have managed to log on as an admin user and install v1.0.2.9 of the "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software and removed all old saved finger prints. I have also managed to scan and store two fingerprints for the admin account. Both work fine and log on correctly.

The problem that I have is when I try to enrole fingerprints for my non-admin account. When I log on as my non-admin account and run the fingerprint utility software I am asked to provide a password as the "Program needs to authenticate your windows account password". When I enter the correct password for the non-admin account I get the error "*Input password is incorrect. Please retype current password*"..

I am certain that I am entering the correct password as I am using the same password to log onto the laptop..

Any ideas..??

Thanks,

James Hunter...

2. Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Akuma
    I think you need to delete all the fingerprints and start fresh when you install a new operating system.

Run the Fingerprint utility as an Administrator and click on the "Delete all Fingerprints" button.

3. Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Master
    I agree with Akuma.
    Delete all saved fingerprints and try to create new one.

What else you can try?

4. Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Beginner
    Hi Guys, I have already tried this.. But, I did as you suggested and logged on as administrator, removed all stored fingerprints and even removed the fingerprint utility software. But, when I re-install the software I still get the same error when trying to log on as my non-admin account..

5. Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Beginner
    This does appear to be a problem with the v1.0.2.9 range of "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software.

I have now installed v1.0.3.38 from http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc30287500a.exe and it now accepts my current non-admin domain password and has successfully enrolled my finger prints..

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm.jsp?ofId=AskIris&searchString=Fingerprint+U tility&x=5&y=8

James Hunter

Message was edited by: JDH

6. Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
    Beginner
    This issue was resolved by a new version of the "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software..