Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R100 + BT SD Card 2 + Nokia 6600 with Nokia PC Suite ? NO CONNECT !

1. Portege R100 + BT SD Card 2 + Nokia 6600 with Nokia PC Suite ? NO CONNECT !
    Beginner
    Hi there,

i would like to use GPS Navigation with my Nokia 6600 via Bluetooth GPS (Model Royaltek GPS x-Mini).
    Prior usage i've to install the software on the MMC-Card of the mobile Phone via Nokia PC Suite (for Nokia 6600).

For BT i'm using the Toshiba SD Card 2 within Portege.

With the Toshiba Bluetooth Manager (3.20.01) i can discover and establish a serial connection via BT without problems.

When starting the Nokia PC Suite (that automatically "see's" the new BT Port ...) the connection failes.

Any idea ? Thanks ...

2. Re: Portege R100 + BT SD Card 2 + Nokia 6600 with Nokia PC Suite ? NO CONNECT !
    Master
    Hello

Unfortunately I can not give you a proper answer. The fact is that the Bluetooth works properly and notebook can communicate with the unit. Why the connection fails after starting Nokia PC suite is not easy to say.

In my opinion you should try to contact Nokia support. They have more experience with own software products and it is probably tested by Nokia. If you have a solution please let us know.

Good luck!

3. Re: Portege R100 + BT SD Card 2 + Nokia 6600 with Nokia PC Suite ? NO CONNECT !
    Beginner
    Hi out there,

i deinstalled the Toshiba BT Manager.
    I installed another BT Dongle (USB from Yakumo). It worked after several tries.
    Unfortunately i had to give it back to my collegue.
    I deinstalled all that YAKUMO-Stuff and made another try.

With Toshiba SD Card now works:
    - Usage of GPRS Modem Connection via BT (COM 41)
    - Exchange of Data within Windows Explorer

But there is NO WAY to establish a Serial Connection (i configured it on COM42 with the Connection Wizard) between the Portege and the Nokia.

Regards
    Marco