Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error

1. Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Equium A100-306 which doesnt get past the BIOS screen. Last thing I did was erase the second partition on the hard drive and boot into Winodws setup via DVD. Then it stopped posting

If I hit ESC while at the post screen, I get a screen that shows this: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/Medabot_Metabee/BIOS_ERR.jpg

Ive read that theres an emergency crisis method to reflashing, is it possible to perform it on this laptop?

thanks

2. Re: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Master
    Hello

This looks like a mainboard malfunction… Can you go into BIOS setup for example? If yes load the default settings then save & exit setup.

If you can’t enter the BIOS try removing the battery and AC/DC adapter for at least one hour. Then connect both again and try to start your notebook.

Does it boot properly now?

3. Re: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Beginner
    I left the battery out all night and bios is not accessible.

4. Re: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Master
    Hello

It seems you need professional help… If BIOS and/or mainboard is damaged you can do nothing. Such hardware based problems can only be fixed by an authorized service provider because they have professional diagnostic tools and can order new spare parts.

Do you know where you can find nearest authorized service provider? On Toshiba website there is a list where you can search:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

Good luck! :)

5. Re: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Beginner
    Fixed myself. Desoldered BIOS Battery and unit POSTed fine again.

6. Re: Equium A100-306 PSAABE - Can't boot and BIOS error
    Master
    Great!!! :)