Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack - NB 550D

1. MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack - NB 550D
    Beginner
    Hi

MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack. Is this because I have not setup Realtek Audio Manager correctly?.

Also is there any way to play the MP3 through a USB Port

Thx

2. Re: MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack
    Hi

What notebook do you have?
    The mic jack records the audio signal. But I assume you want to use the mic jack an line-in. Right?
    Usually you have to set the default device in recording tab.
    In control panel -> sound -> recording tab.

If you will not see any further devices but only mic jack then you should click right and should enable the options; show hidden devices and show disabled devices.
    Possibly then you could enable line in.

Otherwise such option is not available and not possible

3. Re: MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack
    Master
    Hello

Sorry but can you post more useful details like MP3 player that you have and notebook?

I think itís depending on your MP3 player and notebook if this is possible or not. Not all MP3 players support this feature.

Furthermore itís important that sound card is listed in device manager properly. The Realtek Audio Manager is only available if you have a Realtek sound card.

4. Re: MP3 Player will not play through Mic Jack
    Beginner
    Sorry I forgot to include netbook NB 550D but after sending used edit to add netbook. Did not understand that this edit did not appear.

Thxc

Bill