Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro P - New LCD Inverter

1. Satellite Pro P - New LCD Inverter
    Beginner
    I've had my laptop for around 3 years now and just last week, the lower half of the screen flickered for a few seconds. I never thought much of it but over the last few days, the problem has become more noticeable. I have done some searching around and this isn't an uncommon problem, across all makers of laptops.

I have been advised to hook up an external monitor to see if it flickers in sync with the laptop, if it doesn't then it is most likely a failing LCD Inverter.

Does anyone know how much one of these would cost over here in the UK, or if they are all compatible?

Best regards

Gavin

2. Re: Satellite Pro P - New LCD Inverter
    Master
    Hey,

The exact price is depending on your notebook model and display. Different notebooks have different hardware so there is no common inverter for all displays.

An exact answer you can get from an authorized service provider in your country. The guys have access to all Toshiba databases so they can tell you the part number and how much it would cost.

If you have more questions, just post again! :)

3. Re: Satellite Pro P - New LCD Inverter
    Master
    Hello

TwoLags is right. Nobody here can tell you how much a new LCD inverter would cost because itís an user to user forum only. So you can talk with normal people like you and me.

Iím 100% sure an authorized service provider can tell more about this. Exact price and part number. Thatís no problem for the guys because they are in contact with Toshiba.

Here is a list of them:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider