Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator

1. Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    I've L755 from PSK2YE series for 40 days, and I have a problem with the Recovery Disk Creator part. I believe something is missing as I simply do not have the TRDCLcher.exe on the menu. I probably unistalled it by mistake or so.

I still have the HDD Recovery partition on D:.

Is there any way possible of getting that file back so I peform the Disk Recovery?

Regards,
    Alec

2. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Master
    Hello

That means you can’t start the recovery disk creator or what happened exactly?

The recovery disk creator can’t be reinstalled because it’s only preinstalled on your notebook. I think in this case your only chance is starting the HDD recovery option and reset Windows to factory settings. With out of box settings you can use the recovery disk creator.

3. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    Hello,

I face same problem with different model of Laptop, but sadly I can't make any recovery DVD's for no reason.
    I'm having Linux and Win 7 side by side, GRUB is the main boot loader.
    Here is what happened exactly, by the time I clicked on " Toshiba Recovery Media Creator ".
    This is the message that shows :
    " The Recovery medium creation is impossible!
    Could not find HDD Recovery folder in second drive of the first hard disk. There is no valid HDD Recovery environment on this computer "

Any help would be more appreciated .

Regards.

4. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Master
    Hello MD

Recovery disc creator and HDD recovery installation can work with original “factory settings” only and if you have made some modification like second OS installation or anything similar it will not work anymore.

Many people make this mistake and don’t follow Toshibas advice. What must/should be done is creation of recovery disc at first and best moment for this is after purchase.

When the recovery discs are created you can do with your notebook whatever you want and one day if you want to have “factory settings” again you can use your recovery discs for recovery image installation.
    Sorry but now is too late and you cannot do anything about that. What you can do is to order original Toshiba recovery disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

If you have more questions you are welcome.

5. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    Hello Keany,

Thanks for your fast replay and your answer, apparently I didn't count that before I start of installing Linux side by side with Win 7.
    Hopefully I might have an old Recovery DVDs that I made by the time I bought this Laptop << wish my luck to find them.

I might have one more question, if I managed to do recovery from the DVDs I had, will it restore the recovery DVD images that been removed from HDD ?

Regards.

6. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Master
    Hey,

Yes, the Toshiba recovery disk will restore the original out of box settings and also HDD recovery files on second partition. So if you install Windows from recovery disk you will be able to use the HDD recovery too.

Recovery disk contains an image of factory settings and HDD recovery is available with factory settings. :)

7. Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    Hello TwoLags,
    Thanks for your help, I'll try that right now. And I'll be more cautious in future when it comes to install another OS.

Thanks to everyone who have helped me out.

Regards,
    Md