Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R830 - Fingerprints no longer recognized

1. Portege R830 - Fingerprints no longer recognized
    Beginner
    Hi,

I bought a Portege R830 last week. I registered my 2 index fingers and everything worked great for about 2 days. Now when I put my index fingers, the utility no longer recognises my prints, neither one.

How can I delete the prints and start over? I tried going into the utility but since it doesn't recognise my print, it doesn't give me access.

TIA
    Patricia

2. Re: Portege R830 - Fingerprints no longer recognized
    Akuma
    Start the Fingerprint utility as Administrator and click the "Delete all fingerprints" button. It may need to enter a password to give you access.

If you can't remember the password, you may need to send the notebook in to a Toshiba Repair Center to remove the fingerprints.

3. Re: Portege R830 - Fingerprints no longer recognized
    Beginner
    Sorry that hasn't help. I still have to put my thumbprint to access the menus.

I'm not sure why I should have to pay to have the thumbprints erased as I have only had the machine for less than a week, and it is the utility that has messed up.

Thanks for the help

4. Re: Portege R830 - Fingerprints no longer recognized
    Beginner
    uninstall the fingerprint utility from the add/remove programs menu in windows

download it again from toshiba website and re-install.

doesnt explain why it messed up though, so i'd be tempted to return the laptop for repair as the reader hardware itself could be faulty!