Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery medium creation is impossible on Satellite L650-116

1. Recovery medium creation is impossible on Satellite L650-116
    Beginner
    I have an Toshiba l650-116

I get this message :
    Ther recovery medium creation is impossible!
    Could not find HDD recovery folder on second drive of the first hard disk. There is no valid Hdd recovery environment on this computer

I have already mate the recovery media disks a long time ago but now when i press f8 on start-up - go to repair computer- when i choose recovery to the original factory settings it says that i can't

2. Re: Recovery medium creation is impossible on Satellite L650-116
    Master
    Hi

>Ther recovery medium creation is impossible!

It looks like the folder with the files has not been found and therefore this is the reason why the recovery disk cannot be created.
    I think there is no much to do… but if you have created the disk in the past, then you can use it once again to restore the OS.
    Otherwise you need to order the disk:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

3. Re: Recovery medium creation is impossible on Satellite L650-116
    Master
    > I have already mate the recovery media disks a long time ago but now when i press f8 on start-up - go to repair computer- when i choose recovery to the original factory settings it says that i can't
    If you have already create the recovery disk everything is ok!!!

For using this disks you have to boot from them. After turning on the computer press F12 key and select CD/DVD drive as boot device. IF you have inserted the disk the computer will start from recovery disk. Then follow the screen instructions to restore factory settings.

4. Re: Recovery medium creation is impossible on Satellite L650-116
    Beginner
    ok... thanks a lot :)