Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R700 - On Screen Display for Fn key actions

1. Portege R700 - On Screen Display for Fn key actions
    Beginner
    I have re-installed windows 7 in 64-bit flavour after an SSD upgrade, however i can't seem to find the correct installer to get the on screen display that shows you what the 'Fn' key is doing??

any idea folks

only thing i've not installed off the toshiba site is 'Value Added Package' as i really dont want to clutter the pc up with rubbish!

cheers

Ben

2. Re: Portege R700 - On Screen Display for Fn key actions
    Master
    > however i can't seem to find the correct installer to get the on screen display that shows you what the 'Fn' key is doing?
    You need Toshiba Flash Card Support Utility. This tool controls the FN buttons.
    Please check if you can find this tool in the driver area for other notebook series.

3. Re: Portege R700 - On Screen Display for Fn key actions
    Master
    Hey,

Value Added Package installation was correct but unfortunately not enough. You need also “Flash Cards Support Utility” that can be downloaded on Toshiba website too:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

After this the flash cards should appear as usual if you press FN key.

I hope it helps! :)