Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Input Field Virus - '[[[[[[[[....' generated automatically in input fields

1. Input Field Virus - '[[[[[[[[....' generated automatically in input fields
    Beginner
    Whenever I go into or click onto any type of input field (this could be an Email, a Word document, Excel input cell, Internet Browser input field, etc) the following starts to appear automatically in the input field '[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[.......' and repeats continuously until I hit 'ESC' or 'DEL' .

I have run various Security Scans (Tend Micro, McAfee, MS) but nothing is identified. This is an infuriating problem, as I have to constantly stop and re-type any input.

2. Re: Input Field Virus - '[[[[[[[[....' generated automatically in input fields
    Akuma
    Sounds like the keyboard needs replacing or there is a problem with the keyboard controller. Or there was a liquid spill.

To rule out a software/driver problem, boot into another OS such as Ubuntu Live CD.

3. Re: Input Field Virus - '[[[[[[[[....' generated automatically in input fields
    Yes, I think also its faulty keyboard and not a virus issue.
    You will need to get in contact with Toshiba ASP in your country in order to replace this part.

Good luck