Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution

1. Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Satellite L450D-113 and was wondering if anyone could recomend a cooling solution. I am currently using a cooling mat but this is no longer sufficient. I was wondering if there was a way to change the internal fan to something more powerful. This is becoming a more frequent problem and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Harry

2. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Master
    Hey,

Why you want another cooling solution? The internal cooling module and fan are enough and designed to cool the CPU and other components well. I donít see a reason for another cooling module or external cooling module.

Probably dust is blocking the cooling fan at the moment so you noticed an higher temperature. So try to clean it using compressed air spray to blow out the dust.

3. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have cleared the fan and am still having problems, is there a new fan or a stronger fan that I could use.

Harry

4. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Master
    Hi buddy,

No, there is no stronger fan. The preinstalled fan is enough for preinstalled hardware and pretested by Toshiba. You donít need another model.

An exact cleaning description you can find here:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=40

Furthermore itís important that you use the original Toshiba display driver. Other 3rd party display drivers can also cause overheating so I would recommend installing the newest display driver from Toshiba page.

Donít forget that the notebook should be placed on a clean disk with enough free space around it. Donít put the notebook on your bed or tablecloth.

5. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have found that my internal fan is faulty, does anyone know where to get a new one. My laptop in no longer under warrenty so it will have to be installed by me.

Harry

6. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Hi Harry

Check eBay. There you can find many hardware parts for Toshiba notebooks. Other way you can order it in some online store or, as last option, order it directly by authorized Toshiba service provider.

7. Re: Satellite L450D-113 - New cooling solution
    Master
    Hi Headbutt,

Original Toshiba spare parts you can order from an authorized service provider in your country. So the guys can order a replacement fan for you.

If you donít know how to contact the guys, here is a list of them:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

I hope it helps! :)