Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?

1. How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?
    Beginner
    My L450D has been getting toasty hot lately (~100C) and I need to know how to change the fan speed quite desperately. I am on the latest BIOS v1.33 and still no change.
    SpeedFan just doesn't work.

Can I get some help?

2. Re: How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?
    Master
    Hi

On mobile PCs cooling fan control is pretty limited and on Toshiba notebooks you have one option only. Enter advanced power options for power profile you use and there you will find option cooling methods options.
    Set it please to battery optimized and it should reduce cooling fan speed.

3. Re: How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?
    Beginner
    Tried that, but I can't seem to find the option in Advanced Power Management in Windows 7 or in Toshiba Assist. Should I try updating the Toshiba Assist? My mom has a Toshiba Satellite and she has access to that option.

4. Re: How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?
    Master
    Is your notebook preinstalled with original operating system that you got with your notebook?
    This option is part of “Toshiba power saver” tool and it is included in Toshiba Value Added package.

Is this package installed on your notebook (control panel > programs and features)?

5. Re: How to adjust fan speed on Satellite L450D?
    Master
    Hello

As you can see in many other threads the fan speed can be adjusted using Windows power plan options as described here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD84026Q0000R01.htm

There is an option called “cooling method”.

Before you can use this option, Value Added Package must be installed and you can download this tool here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers