Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?

1. How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?
    Beginner
    I formatted my Satellite L500-1ZP (PSLS9E) and thought idd install win xp instead of win7 (dont have the backup disk/partition)
    now when i start it up with the windows XP cd in it the blue screen "windows setup" starts but when its finished loading it gives me an error code:
    "*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78DA63C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I've read somewhere that I need to download SATA drivers for my laptop and make a windows xp installation disk with the SATA drivers on it???

I've tried searching these drivers but i dont know wich ones i need and how to make the installation disk
    Do I copy my original windows XP home cd and put the drivers in a folder somewhere on the disk?

I hope someone can solve my problem because the laptop is just one year old and I dont really want to buy a new one...

2. Re: How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?
    Master
    I just hope you have created recovery DVD before you have started to install own OS. After own OS installation you will not have access to recovery data anymore.

You are right. For WXP installation you need SATA driver. How to install WXP on newer notebook models you can read on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm

At the end I must say that your last sentence is pretty confusing for me. You have bought notebook designed for Win7 and you want to use old WXP on it. Do you really think you must buy new notebook if you want to install WXP?

3. Re: How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?
    Beginner
    thanks for the reply, what i meant is because i lost the backup partition and have no backup disk im installing win XP

will try to make the install disk and will let u know if the problem is solved.

4. Re: How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?
    Beginner
    i decided to buy the backup disk for 35 euro, hopefully this will work because i feel ripped off for 35eu

5. Re: How to install WXP on my Satellite L500-1ZP?
    Master
    Why do you feel ripped off?
    When you have bought your notebook you had a chance to create installation DVD disc. In userís manuals document everything is described how it works and what must be done.

Generally speaking for 35 euro you will get recovery image that includes legal copy of Win7, all necessary drivers, Toshiba tools and utilities and also some additional software.

What you can also do is to install own Win7 using Microsoft installation disc. All necessary drivers and Toshiba stuff you can download from Toshiba support page and install it additionally one by one. It is long time work and can be screwed up easily.

So believe me it is better to pay 35 euro and you will have original disc that is designed for your notebook model and you can use it numerous times.