Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke

1. Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Beginner
    I've got a Toshiba Tecra M7 and when I press certain keys it acts like multiple keys are being pressed. For instance, when the E key is pressed, the 3 key is "pressed" as well (so the outcome is 3e, no matter if I press 3 or E). I've tried blowing out the keyboard, and even removing it and cleaning the contacts.

Should I order a replacement keyboard, or could there be something else wrong?

2. Re: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Master
    Hello

Do you notice the same behavior with an external keyboard? I would recommend testing this to determine if itís the internal keyboard itself or another problem.

By the way: What OS you are using?

3. Re: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Beginner
    No, it only occurs when using the built in keyboard. Also, it's running XP

4. Re: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Master
    Hi buddy,

This would mean the internal keyboard is defective and must be replaced.

So you should contact an authorized service provider in your country. The guys are able to order all Toshiba spare parts so they can order a new keyboard for you.

If you are not familiar with notebook disassembling, the guys can replace it for you. :)

5. Re: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Beginner
    I figured as much, but wanted to make sure. I read on another forum about someone replacing their keyboard and the problem persisted. Thanks for the help.

6. Re: Tecra M7 - Multiple Key "Presses" with one Keystroke
    Master
    Hi Austneal,

Here itís just an user to user forum so we can only speculate and discuss about possbility reasons and nobody can give you here an exact answer what is wrong and what part needs replacing.

So I agree with PinkPanther and in my opinion itís also the keyboard itself that must be replaced but thatís just our personal opinion.

If you want an official 100% answer ask an ASP in your country. The guys have professional diagnostic tools to make sure what part is causing the problem.