Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V

1. Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V
    Beginner
    Hello, I have two issues with my laptop.

First is related to keyboard. It started few days ago, laptop has shutted down because of low battery, when I turned it on again, I've received a malfunction of keyboard.
    The key problem is that when i typing for ex 4, it appears on screen as r4, and so on for some other keys.
    I'v searched through web that it possibly can be because of BIOS. And decided to update current version.

And here comes second problem:
    I've downloaded bios update from toshiba site, and tried to install it, but it stops on last step, something about region.
    Could somebody please help with issues?

2. Re: Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V
    Master
    Hello

> I've received a malfunction of keyboard.
    What message you received exactly? Was this message Windows based or what exactly?
    Of course it could be a keyboard malfunction but software malfunction as well. Easiest way to check this is connecting an external keyboard.

> I've downloaded bios update from toshiba site, and tried to install it, but it stops on last step, something about region.
    Where did you download this update exactly? Was this update especially for Satellite L500-13V and PSLJ0E model series?

3. Re: Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V
    Beginner
    Sorry I've misspelled there was no message at all, keyboard just started to type wrong.
    Mylapto is L505-13v0 PSLS9E, and0 Bios0 update0 i've0 downloaded0 fr4om0 official0 site

4. Re: Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V
    There are many official Toshiba pages.
    You have to download the BIOS from Toshiba European driver page and have to choose the model: Satellite L505 PSLS9E
    At this time the BIOS v2.00-WIN is the newest one!
    Check this

Furthermore ensure that VAP (value added package) is installed properly. This is needed for BIOS update!

5. Re: Keyboard and BIOS update issue on Satellite L505-13V
    Beginner
    I did dloaded it from this site computers.toshiba-europe.com.
    And I did updated BIOS last night, the problem was in antitvirus program, but anyway this wasn't helpful for me, my problem with keyboard is still actual.