Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep

1. Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    Hi all,
    I have just purchased a R700 and the laptop does not wake up after going to sleep. I have done a bios upgrade. I have all the power options for sleep to "never" at the moment and other options to hibernate which works fine.
    I am a little concerned as I have to do software upgrades to sensitive equipment and during a couple of them the R700 shut down and I had to do a force power down.

When it tries to come out of sleep the screen remains blank and the fan ramps up to takeoff speed and stays there until I have to force a shutdown.

Any ideas?

I have unistalled tempro as when I searched for driver updates it did not find any so searched manually and found some. Waste of time and interefering.

2. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Master
    Hello

Have you noticed this issue from the day one or later after installing these updates?
    > I am a little concerned as I have to do software upgrades...
    Nobody force you to make any updates. What you should install are Microsoft updates.
    If system runs well with original Toshiba recovery image (Factory settings) leave it.

Only thing you should do is to optimize OS and remove stuff you don’t need.

Back to your question:
    Can you confirm that this issue occurs with factory settings and without any updates installation?

3. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Master
    One more thing:
    Have you installed some own additional software that can blocks “wake up”?

4. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    Sorry, i'm not being very clear.

The upgrades are for my work equipment (3rd party Nokia). If my laptop shuts down during a software upgrade then it could potentially damage the nokia equipment.

The problem was straight out of the box, before I installed any software.

I have tried the fingerprint software solution someone posted a while ago but it did not help.

I am running win7 32bit

5. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    I have also upgraded the display drivers too

6. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    I have exactly the same problem with the same portege r700. I restored the system at the date I got the computer and still have the same problem. Then, I did all the windows updates available and the problem is still the same. I am very concern I could damage the hard disk and loose my data. Someone from toshiba helping??

7. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    No response as of yet. I wanted to see if anyone from here could help me first as i thought it would be me somehow.

8. Re: Portege R700 will not wake up after sleep
    Beginner
    Have you installed an SSD drive by any chance?