Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64

1. Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
    Beginner
    We have recently performed a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 on a Toshiba Tecra A10.
    The OS has picked up most drivers, we had to install drivers for the card reader ourselves.

Our problem is that the touchpad and buttons do not work at all.
    The driver shows in Device Manager as being properly installed, but that's all. I have even installed the Alps Control Panel (Vista x64) which runs okay.
    Have tried the "Touch pad and stick are automatically invalidated" settings when using an external USB mouse, all to no avail.

The hardware was working perfectly okay with Windows 7 32 Bit installed.

Is there a fix here?

2. Re: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
    Master
    Hello

Maybe it’s just a driver issue… I have checked the available downloads for Tecra A10 on Toshiba page and for Windows 7 32bit there is a newer driver available, for Windows 7 64bit not (no driver). So you must use the Vista 64bit driver…

What you can do is testing the touchpad driver for Tecra A11. There is a newer version for Windows 7 64bit from Alps Electric so the correct one. Touchpad driver is not system related so I’m pretty sure it also works on your model.

Have a look on Toshiba website for Tecra A11 driver:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

3. Re: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Have you installed additional drivers for external USB mouse? This could also block some touchpad functions so I would recommend removing these drivers.

4. Re: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
    Beginner
    Hmm....This might sound overly simplistic, but you could have just turned off the touch pad with a shortcut. There should be a button to turn it back on. On my laptop (A11, not A10) it's the shortcut key *Fn+F9*, but I don't know what it is for you. I had this problem for a bit, before I found that shortcut.

5. Re: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
    Beginner
    I had the same problem on a Toshiba Tecra A11 running Win7x64Pro. After a fresh OS install with drivers, all was working except the touch-pad. I could successfully press the function keys and relevant F keys eg: Fn+F1 would turn sound on/off, so assumed this was all working (all except Fn+F9 for enabling/disabling the touch-pad).

*Solution was to install the "Toshiba Value Added Package" from* http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/tecra/a11/ptse1a-07g005/download?os=25 .

After a reboot, now when I held down the Function button, little icons would appear up the top and the touch-pad was working.

Hope this helps someone else : )