Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - How to downgrade the BIOS?

1. Satellite C660 - How to downgrade the BIOS?
    Beginner
    I have the same problem. Latest BIOS version for my notebook is 1.3 but on my is 1.4 installed?! Notebook is 10 days and I canít work with it.

We have few C660 (PSC0LE) we bought tham on same day and they all have 1.3 and are working perfect. Only my is BIOS 1.4 version and itís not good at all.

Please my question is how can I flash BIOS with 1.3?

2. Re: Satellite C660 - How to downgrade the BIOS?
    Master
    Hello

Why you have created an additional thread about BIOS? I mean this can be discussed in your other thread too.

Anyway: BIOS downgrade is not possible and can only be done from an authorized service provider in your country. On Toshiba website only the newest version is available so a downgrade is not possible.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - How to downgrade the BIOS?
    Master
    Hey,

I agree with the user above. BIOS downgrade can only be done from an authorized service provider. So you should get in contact with the guys and ask if they can downgrade the BIOS for you or probably they can send you an older BIOS version via e-mailÖ Just talk with the guys a little bit ;)

But normally newest BIOS version has most bug fixes so I donít think a downgrade is usefulÖ