Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A200 - Enable to start it

1. Satellite Pro A200 - Enable to start it
    Beginner
    Hello there !

My Toshiba Satellite Pro A200-1KW don't want to start up fully! Last evening is turned off suddenly (I got it since 2007 and I haven't got any problem). I wanted to reboot it immediately, then it remains stuck on a black screen with grey flashing dash on the top left corner.
    I've got windows XP.

Just before it turned off suddenly, the image of JAVA JRE appears on the screen, and few seconds later it turned off. Restored the system with the CD provided by Toshiba with the purchase, but nothing!

Please help me!
    nicolas

2. Re: Satellite Pro A200 - Enable to start it
    Master
    Hey,

> Restored the system with the CD provided by Toshiba with the purchase, but nothing!
    What does it mean exactly?
    Do you have after recovery installation the same problem as before (black screen with blinking cursor)?

Fact is if after recovery installation the computer doesn’t work properly it’s hardware malfunction and you need professional help from an authorized service provider.
    The Toshiba recovery disk can restore the original out of box settings they are pretested by Toshiba so it’s no software issue…

3. Re: Satellite Pro A200 - Enable to start it
    Beginner
    ok thanx !!!

my computer is to the a professional !!!

bye