Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail

1. Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Beginner
    "Webcan driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer" - This error message appears when I try to open or use my built in webcam.
    I am running windows vista.

The webcam has worked fine for the last 12 months.
    I have tried installing the driver software again.
    Also doing a system restore and nothing seems to work.

Anybody got any ideas/solutions

2. Re: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Master
    Hi buddy,

What Satellite A notebook you have exactly?

Did you already reading other similar threads? Here in forum you can find a lot of information about this webcam driver open fail error message. In most cases a recovery installation from Toshiba recovery disk can help to get rid of this. :)

3. Re: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Beginner
    thanks buddy, i cannot find anything that sets this up and i need to find my recovery disk :(

it is an A300-1MC

4. Re: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Beginner
    hi

*I'm having the same problem with the same model... cracking up. tried reinstalling..webcam not on device manager either and worked about 2mths ago and not worked since.. please advise... loks like this is a common problem !*
    *'thanks*

5. Re: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Master
    Back up all your important data and install OS again using recovery disc or HDD recovery option. With “factory settings” everything should be OK again.

I don’t think it is common problem. I use A300 with dual boot (WXP/Win7) and everything works perfectly.

6. Re: Satellite A - Webcam driver open fail
    Beginner
    i have done all of that it isn't anything to do with windows this is with regads to the webcam not functioning and there is no way or no seperate driver to sort it out