Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160

1. Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Beginner
    Hello 2 all!

At the moment I'm working with two external 19" TFT screens connected to the Port Replicator II (Tecra S10-160 inside with display closed). One screen is connected to the available DVI port, the second one is connected to the available VGA port on the Port Replicator II.
    One screen (DVI) is used as primary desktop, the second one (VGA) is used as enhanced desktop (so both show a different content).

My problem is the poor quality of the VGA signal and the problem, that my two new screens only support DVI.

Is there a possibility to connect two DVI screens to the DVI-D of the Port Replicator II? I already checked several DVI-Y-cabels but I'm still looking for a solution to connect two screens via DVI with the function to get two shared screens and not the same content on both screens.

Hope you got my point and have some information or product ideas for me.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Master
    Hello

Have you already tested a VGA to DVI adapter? So you can use the VGA connector on port replicator and the DVI port of your monitor.

I mean such a cable like THIS ONE

Using such an adapter you can still use the function to get two shared screens and not the same content on both screens. :)

3. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Beginner
    Dear C3PO,

the link you added is not available for me, please be so kind to send it again.
    At the moment I cannot imagine that a VGA to DVI adapter works, but it may of course be possible ;)

Thanks in advance.

4. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Master
    Sorry toob, I forgot to add the link. [HERE|http://www.ntikvm.de/images/dvi-vga.jpg] is what I mean.

With other words you need a cable or adapter with VGA male port and DVI female port. I found one on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-DVI-I-Female-Male-Adapter/dp/B000FO6I84/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1305897906&sr=8-11

But itís just an example, Iím sure other online or computer shops also have such an adapter. ;)

5. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Beginner
    The VGA to DVI adapter is not working at all, i tried several screens without success.
    After thinking about it it seems to be clear, the adpater cannot convert the signal from analog to digital.

Any other ideas? Is there a possibility to split the signal from the DVI-port? Is there another hidden connector on the Port Replicator that can be used to connect a second DVI screen?

Thanks in advance.

6. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Master
    > Is there a possibility to connect two DVI screens to the DVI-D of the Port Replicator II? I already checked several DVI-Y-cabels but I'm still looking for a solution to connect two screens via DVI with the function to get two shared screens and not the same content on both screens.
    I donít think that this is possible. Usually only one screen can be connected to a video out port and I think to connect two external screens to one DVI port is not supported by graphic card chip.

7. Re: Two DVI screens on Port Replicator II with Tecra S10-160
    Scholar
    Maybe you need is some external device like Dynadock. Pick up some info about it.

BTW: I donít think Toshiba offer some product with hidden ports. :)