Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus

1. Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Beginner
    I have an integrated webcam on my Toshiba c660d and while trying to use it it is not on focus.
    The focus can't be set (it is disabled) either in the software settings or in the Skype video settings.
    I have the most recent driver installed.

How can I focus it?

2. Re: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Master
    Im not quite sure if I have understood your issue correctly.
    The zoom option is available in webcam software but its disabled? Right?
    In such case I recommend uninstalling the webcam software and removing this completely from the system. Then you should clean the OS using the Ccleaner.
    After that reboot the unit several times and install the webcam software.

But Ive got another Toshiba notebook series, and in my case the Zoom is not available as webcam feature.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Master
    Hi dragon11,

Well, I think if the focus option is disabled you have to reinstall the webcam driver. I dont see another solution in this case, looks like that something has muddled up the webcam driver or something else.

You should follow the instructions posted by PauPau and also use CCleaner to clean the registry.
    Newest webcam driver you can download here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Make also sure there is no protection sticker on the webcam anymore. This can also affect the webcam quality.

4. Re: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Beginner
    dragon11,

The solution to your problem is surely in the last line of the previous contribution from Xardas.

I started up a new C660-1NX yesterday and found the same problem with the webcam showing a fuzzy, out of focus image. At first I could see no protective transparent plastic film covering the camera lens. In fact, on unpacking, this model seemed not to use transparent plastic protection at all. However, after trying all the possible adjustments for the webcam, i finally found a 60mm by 8mm plastic film covering the webcam lens and the sensor. With this removed the webcam image is perfect.

First impressions of this laptop (after 24 hours) are very positive.

5. Re: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Master
    Great thanks for the feedback mixa Ive got other Toshiba notebook and the same webcam protection foil was placed in the front of the cam removed this and the picture is clear

6. Re: Satellite C660 - Integrated webcam not on focus
    Master
    I agree with mixa and Paolo30. On my Toshiba notebook there was also protection foil. I have removed this foil and picture is good and clear. :)