Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?

1. Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Beginner
    Hello folks,

I'm having some Tecra A11-Notebooks here in our company. For our users I'm writing a batchscript which will connect to our VPN:
    1. activate wireless
    2. change proxy settings
    3. connect umts
    4. start Internet Explorer
    5. start vpn-software

I finished all functions expect the function to activate the wireless.
    I think of the flashcard-function for wireless. You can normally activate this with Fn + F8.
    I can emulate the stroke of keys, but not the Fn-Key as it won't send a keycode.

Application resonsible for Flashcards is the TCrdMain.exe, located at C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards.
    Is there a way to activate the Wireless-Function with a kind of switch to TCrdMain.exe or does some other program exist to enable the wireless-function?

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Kinf regards,
    Timo

2. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Master
    Hi salmen,

There is no batch for activating the FN keys. This can only be done with FN+F8 key combination and Flash Cards Support Utility.

But why wireless must always be enabled? I think the easiest way is if WLAN connection is always on.
    Otherwise I would be no problem pressing FN+F8Ö. Isnít it ;)

3. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Beginner
    Hi Xardas,

the problem i, that Wireless is disabled after every reboot the system (Win7 Pro, x64).
    I wrote the batch-file for my users, to make everything a little easier.
    The hardest problem is everytime to explain how to enable Wireless. Most users don't get it, as it's to difficult (Press and hold Fn-Key, press F8-Key several times (4 or 5 times, as not all A11 have the same system configuration.)).

4. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Master
    Hey,

> the problem i, that Wireless is disabled after every reboot the system (Win7 Pro, x64).
    Why is WLAN disabled after every reboot? Does this happen automatically?

5. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Beginner
    It's not just WLAN, Bluetooth and UMTS/WWAN is also not "ON".
    This is automatically after every reboot, I think this is configuration issue, but I haven't found a way to solve that.

6. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Master
    Hi

I cannot help you with the batch file but in my case the WLan is always enabled even if the notebook reboots.
    If I enable the WLan using FN + F8 then after notebook reboots this function is still enabled and notebook connects automatically to my WLan at home.

Note; some Tecra A11 are equipped with an WLan communication switch. This switch needs to be ON in order to enable Wlan!

7. Re: Tecra A11 - How to activate wireless via batch?
    Master
    Hey,

Do you use the preinstalled Windows version from Toshiba or did you install or own version?