Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?

1. Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?
    Beginner
    Hey guys,

my Tecra M5 got a BIOS Passwort from one day to the other, I have never told him to do so.

All my passwords won't work, so how can I reset the password?

Please help me :)

2. Re: Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?
    Master
    I never heard that BIOS password can be enabled alone so I’m really wondering how it can happen on your Tecra M5.

You must understand that BIOS password is very important security protection and we cannot discuss in public forum about this.
    BIOS removal procedure is not always the same and Tecra, as business notebook model, has pretty complicated BIOS removal procedure and it can be done by Toshiba service provider only.

Sorry.

3. Re: Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?
    Master
    BIOS password cannot be removed without additional help from Toshiba ASP technician.
    You will need to get in contact with the guys..
    Sorry but this is your last resort…

4. Re: Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?
    Beginner
    Hi derrick23

This method might work, but you need to strip the laptop down to access the RTC battery on the mother board, look for a youtube vid to do this.

once you find to battery usually a CR2032 or similar, remove it from its holder and short out the + and - contacts for it on the mother board for about 10 - 15 seconds this will remove any stored bios information this method should work on any laptop or desktop. the only thing is if the passwords are stored on eeprom's this wont work but most are not. Good luck..

5. Re: Tecra M5 - how to remove Bios Password?
    Master
    >... this method should work
    On desktops it works but not on mobile machines. On many Toshiba notebook and especially on business notebooks like Tecra or Portege password deletion cannot be done even by Toshiba service guys without direct contacting Toshiba. They use so called “challenge code method”.