Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U500 - How big can be a new HDD?

1. Satellite U500 - How big can be a new HDD?
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have Satellite U500 Series,
    I would like to upgrade my hard drive capacity, how much is the max I can do and where..?

Regards
    Sagar

2. Re: Satellite U500 - How big can be a new HDD?
    Hi

Using the forum search function you would find this answer ;)
    The notebook support SATA HDD controller.
    SATA controllers are not limited to a specific HDD size. So theoretically you can use any SATA 2.5 HDD.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite U500 - How big can be a new HDD?
    Master
    Hi Sagarr,

Here in forum you find hundreds of threads about HDD upgrade and I believe you can find the answer in other threads too.

On SATA interface there is no capacity limit anymore and this would mean you can install every 2.5 HDD with SATA interface. 500GB, 750GB or more should be no problem.

The HDD is placed on bottom side of your notebook. Before you can exchange it remove the HDD cover that is secured with one or two screws. Now you can remove the HDD and install the newer one.

4. Re: Satellite U500 - How big can be a new HDD?
    Master
    My U500 has originally 320 GB HDD and I think it is enough space for this small notebook.
    Anyway I think you can upgrade it with 500GB HDD.

Please send some feedback about upgrade. It will be very useful info for me. ;)