Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-171 - Bluescreen and can't start Windows

1. Satellite C660-171 - Bluescreen and can't start Windows
    Beginner
    Hello

So I start my laptop up put password in then get a blue screen DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then it boots to the start in screen so I go in safe mode then I get blue screen again which says problem been detected Windows shut down!

So how do I get around this the stupid laptop is only 2 days old is there any way to restore it to factory settings or uninstall certain things to try and fix it? I'm not too computer savvy so any help would be appreciated

2. Re: Satellite C660-171 - Bluescreen and can't start Windows
    Master
    > is there any way to restore it to factory settings
    If you would read the user manual you would know how to restore the notebook to factory settings ;)

Fact is if you also get a blue screen in safe mode it seems to be a problem with OS installation and you should restore it back to factory settings. Therefore you can use the HDD recovery feature as described here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

3. Re: Satellite C660-171 - Bluescreen and can't start Windows
    Beginner
    Cant read the user guide because its on the computer thanks for the info i tried the factory restore but it seemed to get stuck or was taking an age to install so i had to shut it down ( it was late i needed sleep for work ) and now when i start the comp up it tries the instalation but i get an error message saying computer was turned off while installing restart and try again but the repair computer option is not there after i f8 it have i screwed it up bigtime?