Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working

1. Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hi, I have the same problem of the question bellow, like I have looked around and I was not able to find the answer I need.
    I have a Satellite T130 and, suddenly, the inbuilt web camera has stopped working properly. A blue light is on, but there is no image. What can I do?
    Thank you

2. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Hi mate

I have the same issue sometimes using my U400.
    This happens if the room is to dark for the camera.
    If something like this happens to you I recommend holding the finger in front of the webcam lens for a short time.
    After that the webcam picture should come back again… in my case this worked.

3. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hey,
    Thank you for the answering.
    I have done what you told me,but it did not work.....What else can I do??

4. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Master
    > A blue light is on, but there is no image.
    Where? In Web-camera application or when you want to use it with some other software like Skype or MSN?

Do you use cam with Skype? Can you see anything in Skype video settings?

5. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hi,
    the blue light is beside the web cam, on the top of screen. But this light is on when I try to use the web cam in anywhere, like Skype, Msn or even in programs in the computer that only take a pictue or make a video of you, without ineternet (I do not know the name of this program). But it seems that computer and the programs recognize the web cam, because there is no messages when I turn on the web cam.

In Skype settings is the same, there is nothing wrong, there is no different message. The only thing is when I try to take picture a message appears: "failed", but the video seems to record normally, although everythng is black.

Could you understand what I meant?
    Sorry about my english....

6. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Beginner
    Please, what else can I do?Help me!!

7. Re: Satellite T130: inbuilt web camera has stopped working
    Master
    I understand what do you mean but I really don’t understand what the problem can be.
    > In Skype settings is the same, there is nothing wrong, there is no different message.
    When you close webcamera application, start Skype and go into Skype video settings is there webcam listed as: USB 2.0 UVC WebCam? Can you see anything there?

> The only thing is when I try to take picture a message appears: "failed", but the video seems to record normally, although everythng is black.
    Using original Toshiba webcamera application?

It is really strange. Have you tried to reinstall Toshiba webcam driver (software)?