Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed

1. Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Beginner
    Hi all,

Wondering any advice available.

I have just purchased the Camileo S20 and note that the camcorder cannot charged via the supplied USB cable.

All I get was a constant blue light (indicating it is fully charged), although it is not.

If I plug through the AC power, charging starts and a blinking light is shown.

This is strange as I have gone through the manual and it indicates that charging can be done via USB or AC charger.

I have tried plugging the USB cable using a PC, Mac and even through an USB AC adaptor, but all I get was a constant blue light.

What is wrong?

2. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Master
    > If I plug through the AC power, charging starts and a blinking light is shown.
    Hi

Iíve got a Camileo H30 and if I connect the camcorder to the notebook using the USB cable the play button blinks green.
    But if I connect the AC adaptor to the camcorder, then the camcorder/photo button blinks blue/red.
    This means that the camcorderís battery charges properly.

3. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Beginner
    I have read the manual, the lights should be blinking during charging. What I got was a non blinking blue light.
    This is supposed to indicate that the battery is fully charged.
    However, I know that this is not the case as the battery is only 2/3 full. If I plug it in using the AC, the lights starts to blink (orange/blue) indicating that it is charging.
    I have tried changing to a generic USB cable, thinking that the supplied cable may not be compatible but to no avail.
    This is frustrating as I'm not sure whether it's a case of flaw in the cable or the camcorder.

4. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Beginner
    You may charging your battery directly with this
    http://darudar.org/var/files/img/29/70/29703c9c69cd132b6867a2dd7ecfa2bc_600.jpg

5. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Master
    *@sergej_1*
    Why should he use this strange part for battery charging?
    As mkoh said above, the battery can be charged using the supplied AC adaptor which is working fine. So I would say; use the AC adaptor.

6. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Beginner
    I don't know why,but my camileo p30 charge via USB (500mA/5V) but to long (about 5 houers)

7. Re: Camileo S20 USB Charging Failed
    Beginner
    Thanks guys!
    Guess I have to stick to AC for the time being. :(