Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-121 can't verify the recovery disc

1. Satellite C660-121 can't verify the recovery disc
    Beginner
    I bought a couple of days a go a new Satellite C660-121. Today I proceeded to make the recovery discs but it fails verifying the first DVD disc.
    The error I get is this
    http://img231.imageshack.us/i/failedcopy.png/

E:\ is the name of the DVD drive. I use Verbatim DVD-R media, I have the laptop on power supply during the burning process and I tried twice with two different discs and got the same result. How can I fix this problem?

2. Re: Satellite C660-121 can't verify the recovery disc
    Master
    Hello Voger

I have created numerous recovery DVD on several Toshiba notebooks and have never noticed something like this. I have used DVD-R discs only and brands were Verbatim or TDK.

Unfortunately I cannot give you answer what does this message means but you must try to repeat DVD creation. If possible try with TDK.
    If the same happen again I recommend you to recovery your notebook using HDD recovery option and try to create recovery discs again.

Sorry but I donít see any other possibility at the moment.

3. Re: Satellite C660-121 can't verify the recovery disc
    Master
    Hey,

Iím really wondering that an error occurs during creating the recovery media even you use high quality Verbatim DVD-R mediums. As you can read here in forum a lot of people have used Verbatim mediums successfully and I can confirm this: For me it worked perfectly! :)

Really strangeÖ
    I think you should test other brands. TDK is also good as Macius wrote. I have also used DVD-R mediums from Sony and Philips and they worked too. Maybe you have more success if you change the brand. ;)

Good luck!!!