Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450D-113 keeps turning off in mid-use

1. Satellite L450D-113 keeps turning off in mid-use
    Beginner
    Please, please, please help me if you can!! :(

I have a Toshiba Satellite L450D-113 which is abour 18 months old. I have had no problems with it at all, however today, it suddenly turned off without warning. It had full battery charge so i knew it had nothing to do with the battery left in it.

I turned it back on and a screen loaded saying that a disk check needed to be carried out, so i left it, and it started automatically. The message on screen at this point was:

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency, you may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recomended that you continue.
    Windows will now check the disk.

I don't know if that bit is any help to you :S

So the disk check has started, and the computer keeps turning off before it can complete. I have tried this around 6 times now. Some times when i turn the computer back on, it will turn off within 5 seconds.

It gave me the option of starting Windows normally, so i have tried that. Windows then opened as usual, but the laptop soon turned off within a few minutes.

I have tried taking out, and putting the battery back in, but it has made no difference.

If anyone knows anything about this then please reply, because i have no idea about computers :|

Thank you guys

Miss Godolphin

2. Re: Satellite L450D-113 keeps turning off in mid-use
    Master
    Hi

The notebook turns off automatically because the temperature is too high.
    The notebook’s temperature sensor shuts down the notebook to prevent the hardware from damage.
    I think you should clean the cooling vents using compressed air spray.
    This helps you to get better air circulation and to decrease the temperature.

3. Re: Satellite L450D-113 keeps turning off in mid-use
    Beginner
    Thank you so much for the reply.

Yes my laptop does get very hot, even the charger.

I will try that.

Thanks again :)

Miss Godolphin

4. Re: Satellite L450D-113 keeps turning off in mid-use
    Beginner
    Did this help you. My laptop is doing the same thing but its not overheated, it's been off for days because I can't get it to work.