Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V

1. Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have just installed Windows 7 Professional into my Toshiba Satellite L300D-11V notebook.
    All hardware is reported as working in Device Manager, but the Chicony webcam driver does not start.

Windows automatically installs drivers, v.6.1.7600.16385 dated 21/06/2006 but the camera will not start with them.
    Windows insists that these drivers are the most suitable for the Chicony webcam.

Toshiba's download site has a VISTA driver, no Windows 7 drivers, v.1.7.175.0123 but the camera will not start with them.
    Is it that the camera is simply not compatible with Windows 7 and I will have to use an external USB webcam?
    Or has anyone got a way around my problem please?

What is even stranger is that now I have installed Skype the webcam works in Skype..??
    Also the webcam works in Windows Live Messenger..??
    But I cannot start the webcam using the installed "Camera Assistant Software..??

Regards,
    new_to_all_this

2. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    Mine did exactly the same a few weeks ago when i installed a better version on windows 7 onto my laptop to replace the other version. When i did this, it cleared everything including the webcam driver. So if you search for Chicony USB 2.0 webcam driver in google, you should find the software for it to download for free. Just make sure that it is compatible with windows 7 because i accidently downloaded a version for vista, and it wouldn't work.

Hope this is helpful to you :)

Miss Godolphin.

3. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    Hi
    When I search for it ALL I get is Vista software.
    Do you still have the URL you used, or the website?

new_to_all_this

4. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    I don't have the url anymore, but give me a few mins and i will try find it for you :)

Miss Godolphin

5. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    http://chicony-usb-2-0-camera.drivers.informer.com/download/195

Try that one, that isn't the one I used, but that is for windows 7 x64 so should work :)

Miss Godolphin.

6. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    Thanks but the 64bit drivers do not work and they don't appear to have the 32 bit ones, or I cannot find them.
    The webcam works in Messenger & Skype although on start-up the camera software says it isn't working.

7. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Beginner
    It appears, after a lot of searching that *I was missing the correct Chicony Camera Assistant Software.*
    Once I had found that my error message disappears and when I click the link in All Programs it works.
    Upgrading a Toshiba laptop to Windows 7 is not for the....

new_to_all_this

8. Re: Chicony USB 2.0 webcam & Satellite L300D-11V
    Thanks for sharing and great that you could solve this ;)