Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P200 - BIOS update fail at stage 3

1. Satellite P200 - BIOS update fail at stage 3
    Beginner
    There I was thinking, I should keep my computer up to date. So I tried to update BIOS. The BIOS update got stuck for 3 hours at some stage 3. The computer will not reboot now, not even to a setup screen. DEAD

I have read somewhere that you can make a bootable USB flash BIOS recovery. Then use a certain key combination ie Fn and B or Fn and W (can not remember). Can some one give me a step to step guide from where to download software, right to recovering my BIOS and machine?

I should not have to pay any fees to get my PC working again as it was working perfectly before this upgrade attempt. I did nothing wrong.

Thanks,
    spiralvista

I have model pspb6a ocso4m (au model)

2. Re: Satellite P200 - BIOS update fail at stage 3
    Master
    Hi spiralvista,

> I have read somewhere that you can make a bootable USB flash BIOS recovery
    Yes, I did read about such threads here in forum but it doesnít always work and there is no official support for this procedure. Everything what you do with such BIOS recovery tools happen on your own risk and in worst case you could destroy the whole ROM module.

Best option would be contacting an authorized service provider because the guys can have professional tools to reflash the ROM module where the BIOS is stored. So you should get in contact with the guys and ask for help. They can also tell you how much it will cost.

Sorry that I canít give you another answer but here itís an user to user forum only where you can talk with normal people like you and me Ė Nobody from Toshiba here ;)